Definition of Personal Information
For LKCC Group Limited personal information is information that is related to existing persons and that can be used to identify specific persons (for example, names, birth dates, numbers assigned to individuals, symbols or other marks, images, or voice recordings, and relevant information). This includes information that cannot be used to identify individuals by itself, but can be used to identify individuals by easy cross-referencing with other data. Personal information is not limited just to information that can identify individuals but also includes all information that indicates facts, decisions, or evaluations relating to a person’s attributes (such as a person’s height or build, finances, work type, or position).
Based on the Personal Information Protection Policy given below, LKCC Group Limited will pay detailed attention to, and expend the utmost efforts on, protecting and managing such information.
This “About Personal Information Protection” document establishes the handling of personal customer information by LKCC Group Limited
Personal Information Protection Policy of LKCC Group Limited
- Collecting, Using, and Providing Personal Information
- While carefully considering the entrusting of customer information during company activities, LKCC Group Limited will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following stipulated rules for collecting, using, or providing personal information.
- Following Laws and Norms
- For the handling of personal information, LKCC Group Limited will follow the HKSAR laws and norms applicable to the protection of relevant personal information. Also, LKCC Group Limited will create and follow personal information management rules that conform to these laws and norms.
- Implementing Safety Measures
- To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, LKCC Group Limited will implement various measures (such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company, and preventing incorrect access from outside the company), and strive to prevent any problems with personal information (such as the loss, destruction, falsification, or leakage of information).
- Respecting a Person’s Rights Regarding His or Her Personal Information
- When a customer makes a request to reveal, correct, or delete his or her own personal information, or seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, LKCC Group Limited will respond with sincerity, respecting the customer’s rights related to that personal information.
- Establishing Rules for Managing Personal Information Protection, and Making Continual Improvements
- LKCC Group Limited will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will steadily establish rules for managing personal information to ensure that such information is used appropriately and is protected. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
Purpose of Using Personal Information, and Providing to Third Parties
In relation to LKCC Group Limited’s main business activities for Office Supplies, Stationery, and Equipment, LKCC Group Limited will use personal information only to achieve the following listed purposes. However, the business activities of LKCC Group Limited are many-faceted, and you are recommended to view the websites of each business division.
- To execute contracts between a customer and LKCC Group Limited
- To contact for discussions or meetings with customers
- To provide after-service for products
- To send guides for conventions or meetings, or guides for new products
- To provide various types of member services
- To perform stock-related tasks
- To respond to various types of inquiries
- To perform analysis to improve products or services, based on surveys
- To provide personal information to LKCC Group Limited companies when LKCC Group Limited co-operates with a LKCC Group Limited company to carry out some business tasks.
LKCC Group Limited will not provide customer personal information to a third party without first obtaining consent from the customer, except in the following circumstances:
- When required by law
- When required to protect human life, to avoid injury, or to protect assets, and
- when obtaining customer consent would be difficult.
- When required to improve public health or improve the healthy upbringing of children, and when obtaining customer consent would be difficult.
- When required to co-operate with the lawful activities of a national agency, local government organization, or person or organization entrusted with such a task, and obtaining customer consent would interfere or be likely to interfere, with the carrying out of such activities.
- When entrusted with the handling of personal information, in the range of activities required to reach the purpose of the use.
- When providing personal information to continue business activities when business-related events such as mergers occur.
- When required to do so for business activities in which LKCC Group Limited is co-operating with LKCC Group Limited companies, LKCC Group Limited sometimes provides LKCC Group Limited companies with personal information (such as names, workplaces, home addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses, etc.). In such cases, the customer’s personal information is provided on paper or electronic media. The customer can request LKCC Group Limited to stop the provision of personal information to a LKCC Group Limited company.
- When a customer contacts LKCC Group Limited by telephone, the conversation may be recorded to aid accurate replies.
LKCC Group Limited provides you with our variety of sales, after-sales services, product promotion as well as related services, we may use your personal information including name, address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address for the following purposes.
- Providing daily operation of our service.
- Conducting customer, electrical appliances, and service surveys.
- Direct marketing of electrical appliances and services subject to the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- Handling customer complaints and inquiries.
- Provide to the service vendors.
If you do not wish to receive any promotion information of direct marketing (excluding the service information of LKCC Group Limited) which it should be made in writing to LKCC Group Limited, Service Administration Department (Customer Service), Rm 4, 13th Floor, Hung To Industrial Building, 80 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong (Please state name, address, and contact number). We will renew our record, and stop using your personal data or records for direct marketing. No charge will be collected on such a procedure.
About Usage of Cookies and Web Beacons
A cookie is a piece of information that enables interaction between the web server that manages a website and a customer’s web browser. A cookie may be stored as a file on the customer’s computer disk. When a cookie is used, the web server can record information such as which computer visited which pages on the website. However, LKCC Group Limited cannot identify an individual customer unless the customer enters his or her own personal information into the website.
This technology, which functions with a cookie, enables the beacon owner to know how many times a customer accessed a particular page. However, unless the customer enters his or her own personal information when, or after, the cookie is accepted, LKCC Group Limited cannot identify an individual customer.